I'm Etalie, I'm currently studying for my AS levels and will (hopefully) be posting revision entries on psychology and sociology.
I previously uploaded posts on GCSE revision. If it helps you then great! But I'm not an expert on anything AT ALL so don't rely on everything I post.
(Also, I'm not taking credit for any of the pictures or info here, it's all off google images, notes from BBC bitesize and CGP revision guides, textbooks etc)

(NB - GCSE: italics in the science subjects are things that are only in paper 2!)

Tuesday 1 April 2014

1 - FORCES AND MOTION 

Mass, weight and gravity - 

Gravity - force of attraction between all masses 
1. Surface of a planet - all things accelerate towards ground (eg: at 10m/s^2 on Earth) 
2. Gives everything a weight 
3. Keeps planets, moons and satellites in orbit

Mass -  
  • Amount of 'stuff' in an object 
  • Same value anywhere in universe 
  • Same mass on Earth or moon/anywhere 
  • Measured in kilograms (kg)
Weight - 
  • Caused by pull of gravity 
  • The force of gravity pulling object towards centre of Earth 
  • Changes in different places depending on gravitational field strength (eg: 10N on Earth, 1.6N on moon) 
  • Measured in newtons (N) 

 

Weight (N) = mass (kg) x gravitational field strength (N/kg)

No comments:

Post a Comment